Wednesday, March 03, 2004

many times i have found out that it's extremely difficult to resist temptation.............like for example last time i spent a huge bomb on my car's head unit and front speakers...........knowing very well that in the future i would be spending more on changing ALL the speakers in the car..........and today..........or the past few days rather..........the itch to change ALL my speakers came.............and boy it itches real bad...........

anywayz..........was thinking abt some of the crazy things ive done in the past while i was washing the car.........and i think it would suffice to say that ive committed my fair share of blunders in my 23yrs of life.............

23yrs..........sometimes it doesnt really hit me..............jus the other day my fren was telling me that another fren was going into NS soon..............it went something like this:

Fren : "hey, you know xxx is going to NS soon."
me : "izit? how old is he?"
fren : "same age lah. 23."
me : "23?"
fren : "ya lah. 23."
me : *blur*
fren : "imagine. he's same age as us but he's going into NS only now......"
me : "23?"

i see the situation 2 ways...........
1. I'M TURNING SENILE~!!!!!! I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW OLD I AM~!!!!
2. i guess sometimes we lose track of certain things cos we dun really wanna admit to changes in our lives.........changes like growing older.........think it would be safe to say that most wan to stay young as long as possible........

it's ironic......many teens wanna look more mature cos they wan to be taken seriously (actually cos it's more cool....but let's give the benefit of the doubt here). Older people wan to look younger so they can show that they are as able as the younger ones (actually it's bcos of their vanity but again.....BOTD......benefit of the doubt).

not saying there's anything wrong in the above..........but underneath all of the trying to impress people, trying to project an image..........there lies the same reason...........self fulfillment...........people do all these jus to make themselves feel better abt themselves.............vanity and cool...........to be taken seriously and proving to have age defying abilities........the all boil down to the same thing.............self fulfillment.............

i still think i have senile dementia...........and im gonna end up like my father...........old....absent minded........stubborn......
not bad..........im already stubborn.........that's 1/3 of the way.........



0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home