Sunday, March 07, 2004

here's something really huh-worthy.........
thing happened during dinner today..........went something like this.....

was talking about something with my parents......couldnt remember wat it was..........but suddenly my dad mentioned that the word "kohee" in japanese meant "the female sexual organ" (it's a direct quote)...............errrr...........huh?!?!??!?!
and it was dinner~!!!!! at the dinner table~!!!!!

ok..........maybe nothing's wrong with that...........but then subsequently my dad and mum started a long discussion abt vulgar words...........and how a fren of my mum's got mistakenly called "vagina"..........no prizes guessing what her actual name was.............but they couldnt bring themselves to use any...........y? i figure it's one of 2 reasons..........
1. they didnt want to cos i was around....it would make them embarrassed......
2. they would be embarrassed even if i wasnt around.........

im leaning towards the 2nd reason.........cos my parents are what most would label as the kuai type..........not the type to use vulgarities...........the most they probably can get out is 'shit'.............and they cant throw one word out without almost breaking out in laughter...........or maybe im jus not used to hearing them scold vulgarities...........think it's a little of that too...............

and what did i do during dinner? kept my mouth shut, finished up and left the table..........bcos of 4 reasons........
1. i lost my appetite
2. to save myself some embarrassment
3. to save my parents some embarrassment
4. prevent myself from feeling further disgusted

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home